Seafood tofu can be made ahead of time and kept in a refrigerator. This way, a person can serve it anytime he wishes to. All he is required to do is deep fry it whenever required.
Instructions to cook seafood tofu
- Start by mixing fish, carrot, fresh cilantro, prawns, carrot, and spring onions in a mixing bowl with egg tofu.
- Add salt, granulated sugar, ground white pepper, eggs, Shaoxing cooking wine, and fish sauce.
- Use a potato masher to press and mash until everything is mixed together and smooth.
- Add corn starch and sesame oil, and continue mixing it till the egg tofu is perfectly mixed with all the ingredients put in together previously.
- Use parchment paper to line a steaming tray. Transfer the mixture onto the tray and smoothen it with a spatula or a spoon to evenly steam it.
- Bring the water to a boil and prepare the teamer. Then steam the tofu for 20 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Test the tofu for doneness with a toothpick or a satay stick. Remove it from the steamer and cool it for about an hour before you cut it.
- When cooled, remove tofu from the tray and cut it into small and equal pieces.
- Coat the tofu with cornstarch and set it aside for 10 minutes before frying them.
- Heat oil in a wok. When oil is ready, deep fry the floured tofu on medium heat in batches until they are golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Upon this, raise the heat to expel excess oil. Remove them, drain with a paper towel, and enjoy!
seafood tofu is amazingly yummy. It is well-renowned and served in every other restaurant in China. It is perfect as a snack and a main dish as well!